Bakessential: How it all Started?

Sunday, May 2, 2010

How it all Started?

Hi there, How did my love for baking start in the first place, you must have wondered?
In this first post I will share with you more about myself and how i got my interest on baking.

Since those Primary School days, my maid and my mother would be baking almost everyweek! And the most common thing they bake would be the awesome orange cake and cheesecake! No matter how many times I have these cakes again and again, I never get sick of them. Everytime my "ka kak" (means sister in bahasa) bakes in the kitchen, I would feel bored and just stand around to watch her. This is when i realise how fun baking could be!
I would never forget that kind of feeling when you have this great aroma diffusing throughout the kitchen! Its like a sense of achievement!

However, I baking is not all joyful, the times where you have to clean up the mess could be a chore!

In my opinion, Baking any recipe is really easy. The only obstacle when i have to overcome all the time when I bake is to have patience and discipline in order to get the recipe right!
Thus, when I bake, I am learning some life issues as well!

All bakers are the same, we continue baking not only because of our passion for baking but our love ones and friends out there who are our constant supporter in our bake goods! which is one of the many motivation to continue trying new things!

Signing off~
PHOEBE

No comments:

Post a Comment